Thursday, October 6, 2011

Costco Cost Mo'

Hello So Cal peeps... Costco has just announced that their regular membership fee will increase 10% from $50 to $55.

I've been a Costco member ever since the one on Los Feliz in Glendale opened in the 1990s when I had my first apartment. I believe it was like $35 for the membership. It then went to $45 last I remember. I realized that in the last 4 years or so, I really don't go to Costco anymore. I used to call it the $200 store because I would go for milk and a couple of other minor things, and would always spend $200 or more. I'm sure my membership is expired now. In 2009 I remember going and having to pay to renew it when I had spent about $70. Have not gone back since. I do like Costco, they have some cool stuff and do take care of their employees more than any other big box store. I figure I'll go with someone if I need something, save me some money...

Regardless, just passing the notice on to many of you... I'm sure it'll be in the news all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment