Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pink Slime Nuggets Rejected, Ok'd By Schools

"Pink slime -- that ammonia-treated meat in a bright Pepto-bismol shade -- may have been rejected by fast food joints like McDonald's, Taco Bell and Burger King, but is being brought in by the tons for the nation's school lunch program.

Custer and microbiologist Gerald Zernstein concluded in a study that the trimmings are a "high risk product," but Zernstein tells The Daily that "scientists in D.C. were pressured to approve this stuff with minimal safety approval" under President George H.W. Bush's administration."



Oh, thank you George W. for the massive deregulations on so many things set in place under your administration, and made very difficult to re-regulate. Bastards.

How can we feed our kids this crap? It's bad enough the recent GOP-pushed Congress decided to make the pasta sauce on pizza and a french fry a vegetable, but now this cancerous crap that even disgusting fast food won't take (probably because of the exposure leaked recently)?

My son's school district isn't accepting this crap, they have the 'Chef' style cafeteria where the Chefs cook in a more nutritious way. But my daughter's school might possibly accept it, but luckily I'm transferring her out after this school year.

Read the rest of the story HERE

1 comment:

  1. Kind of makes you think what else are they putting in our food. There was a movie but I can't recall the name, but they use remains of dead people,and put it in our food.I think it came out in the late 60's or early 70's. This is bullshit, we can't even trust our schools in what they are feeding us.My mom always gave me a sack lunch. But back then they were using real meat.If you want to get the real stuff I buy my meat next door to me at the Pomona Food locker at 240 Oak St.They have the real stuff, no slime there.

    ReplyDelete