Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fire Rock Pale Ale


Straight from the land of volcanoes and waves, comes the Kona Brewing Company. Another great American Brewery to support! Every time I taste and enjoy a well-crafted brew, I feel nothing but pride to know that my purchase is helping our country and people. Although this brew is mainly made in Hawaii, it is also produced on the mainland in Oregon and New Hampshire (under strict guidelines of course).

When I poured this into a glass, the colors were beautiful. Not too light and not too dark, but a nice golden light reddish brown. The taste is smooth and this one seems to balance quite well. It doesn't overdo the hoppiness, sweetness or nuttiness, but you can taste them all. This is a very drinkable Pale Ale, in fact, I am very impressed. I would definitely have these for a whole night at a party, no prob! Sip, sit back and think of a nice breezy hawaiian evening as the sun sets.

This baby gets a 4.2 out of 5 stars and now sits as one of my top 5 American Pale Ales!

No comments:

Post a Comment