Thursday, June 11, 2009

School's Out... So Am I


Last Day of School for the kids! Hooray! No more driving everyday to work and picking them up on the way. It's tough when your kids do not attend school in the city you live or work in (like alot of my neighbors). But, the good thing is now I can take the MetroLink to work finally! I can read, sleep, think, daydream and all that on my way to and from work. Traffic can really change your personality.

My contract government work is almost up, and they are talking about extending it another 120 days or til the end of the year. I don't think I will do this though... I need to find something closer to this side of L.A. county. I also have been spoiled the last 8 years of actually having my summer off. I need to hit the beach weekly this summer! Not to mention the crazy pool parties all over the place!

I am also thankful for this June Gloom, isn't it just lovely? Don't forget it's ArtWalk time this Saturday in Pomona. If you haven't been to it, you MUST!

4 comments:

  1. It's officially my last day of school too! though I haven't legally been a kid in ten years. It feels good, a LOAD off of my shoulders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pomona Unified students don't get to escape until Wednesday of next week, so I still have time to plan the summer chore list!! Harvesting crops? Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear Cal Poly will be canceling state sponsored summer classes due to budget cuts this year.

    In other news, seems like everyone is ready for the summer already everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep Cal Poly is canceling all summer classes except those with the college of extended university. That means a LOT of students will have to wait an extra year to graduate because certain classes are sequences only offered one or 2 times a year. many students are very upset.

    ReplyDelete