Friday, January 22, 2010

Hangar 24 - Pale Ale


I've boasted many times about my favorite type of beer style, the PALE ALE. When given the chance to taste one, I will get to it no matter what. And even better, when it is American made, I will try it with pride. And to add one more point, it is made locally here in Southern California.

Introducing Hangar 24 Pale Ale. Made in Redlands and bought in Upland. Refrigerated for the day and ready at night. We had a small gathering at my home one night and I decided to break it out. I was surrounded by wine drinkers, so no one else was really interested. Oh well, more for me. I poured it into a nice 18oz glass and looked at the lighter than a typical Pale Ale color, a darkish yellow.

Hmm, yes, it is a Pale Ale indeed. Let me taste it some more and finish it. Okay, one more for the final tasting. Okay, I get the hoppiness it is trying to produce. It is similar to the bite of the Stone IPA, which is an India Pale Ale. In fact, it reminds me alot of it. Somewhat Tasty with a little citrus flavor in it. The way I picture this seems to be a mix of a Drifter Pale Ale and a Stone IPA. I'm still sipping it a bit and getting a nice bite out of the flavor. I can't help it but for some reason I feel there is a little something missing to make the full connection.

Definitely has flavor, perhaps a little heavier than needed on that hoppiness at the end. Still, quite decent to drink. Hmm, tough to score, but I'm going to go with a 3.75 out of 5 overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment