Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back From City Council Meeting... ZZZ

It's almost 1:00am believe it or not. I arrived to the council meeting at 6pm promptly. Only to realize the city council wasn't ready til about 2 hours later. I am tired... but I am having a big bowl of raisin bran while watching Craig Ferguson right now. The free coffee and cookies sounded great at the time (thank you PD) but now I realize I shouldn't have drank that much.

I'm saddened to say that the council allowed the phase 1 study to go ahead. To even think of doing that to the men and women who have put their lives on the line for the city of Pomona for 99 years! Not to mention already taking cuts as the city asked. I don't think the city can win this one. The crowd tripled from the ealier postponed meeting a few weeks ago. It was also nice to see Ex-Chief Joe Romero and listening to him speak.

I know the city council has a tough position to sit there and be grilled, that is one tough job. I also understand the things they deal with such as people's emotional reaction, as well as conspiracies and rumors. It must be hard when you are trying to be a good representative of your constituents, or trying to hide something, or whatever.

( I removed a paragraph I wrote here after a quick re-read, I guess I must've said too much. It wasn't anything bad, just a bit too personal)

I'm sure my fellow bloggers from Pomona will have some great write-ups about this tomorrow, or I mean today. My post was just a rant to kill the caffeine. I'm sure there are typos and perhaps some of it doesn't make sense, but I am tired now and I've just drank the last of the milk left in the bowl. Goodnight y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment